Art will become messy over the next few weeks, if you have a messy artist please make sure your child has an art shirt.
Our school is a member of Artsonia.com (www.artsonia.com), the largest online student art museum. Artsonia showcases artwork from thousands of schools around the world. Artsonia’s goals are to develop students’ pride and self-esteem, increase their multicultural understanding through art and involve parents and relatives in student education and accomplishments. Student artwork can also be purchased on a variety of item. These make great gifts and with every purchase Artsonia will give a donation back to our school's art program.
Directions to access your child's account.
- Turn in permission slip if your child is new to Artsonia
- Respond to confirmation email from Artsonia
- Logon to Creating with Mrs. E. or download the free Artsonia App
- Click on the Artsonia Classroom link
- Enter your school's access code:
Helen Keller Elementary Access Codes: XDCN-DCWS
6. Follow prompts to submitted digital photo of artwork under your student’s name.
* I will be uploading permission slips on a first come basis. This may take up to three weeks. Please be patient with this process. Thanks in advance.*
Art Assignments By Grade Level:
The first two weeks of school have been filled with warm welcomes and practice sketches. The students are now ready to dive into more challenging assignments.
Kindergarten Students are beginning a shape unit. Each art project will focus on one of the following shapes: circle, square, triangle,rectangle, rhombus/diamond, and trapezoid.
1st Grade Students are starting a color/value unit.
2nd Grade Students are studying color mixing.
3rd Grade Students are creating art with colors of Autumn.
4th Grade Students are jumping into a color unit focusing on famous artist.
5th Grade Students are turning their names into creative 2D artworks.